As I’m transitioning from writing and blogging in Spanish to doing it in English, I believe that customs and etiquette expectations compel me to say, again “Hello World! This is who I am 🙂 ”
Quick note: sensitive language is printed in this post and on this blog #SorryNotSorry. That being said…
I’m Laly. I wake up everyday when one of my two cats falls over my head, I drink a huge coffee, and then I write; later I take long walks with my camera, feeling that “this” one shot is gonna make me famous, and then I reflect that I should probably get back home and do what I know, which is to write.
English is not my native language; I was born and raised in Argentina, and now I split my days between the third biggest city of my mother land (Rosario) and the gorgeous New York City. I’ve been working as a freelance writer since 2004, but when it comes to blogging, this is what I like to share (mostly with humor):
- what I’ve gone through and helped me to grow;
- writing and blogging tips;
- my pictures!
- traveling anecdotes;
- what I’m learning about NYC;
- music, movies and Pop life;
- and last but not least: NKOTB and Blockheads.
What I had lived during the decades I’ve been on this earth (looking ten years younger, according to ‘people’) was… filled with sh*t… so much of all kind (some serious one, in fact) that I could almost say: “Name it. Been there, done that”. So I thought: “Ok Lord, I believe you put me through all of that for some reason, right?” He wasn’t very clear about it, but I truly believe I am here to say:
Hey you all! Life’s sh*t can be use as a fertilizer to grow some pretty nice food for the soul.
So, unbutton your pants because we’ll be eating a lot.
But it wasn’t all bad! I’m lucky to say that I was and I am loved; I’m a dreamer and a believer! So without any further introduction, here are some facts about me so you can get a hint of who I am:
- I have a weird accent (because I moved a lot) and people always ask me where I’m from (even when I’m Argentina)… And I do not appreciate it.
- … You can ask me who I am instead: I am a writer 😉
- I have a self-taught nature, and I love to study (I got three university degrees; boring; check my Linkedin profile)
- Cannot spend a minute without listening to music! But I also cherish a good session of silence to daydream
- I love comedy! Stand up? I’ll be doing it soon. Scripts? Already in my notebook
- Sports? Figure skating and field hockey 🙂
- I was raised under the loving protection of an army officer and his elegant wife; so I hate protocols and fashion
- I have one tattoo over my left uncle that reads: “Truly, madly, deeply”, which is how I feel about almost everything and how I live my life
- And I am Blockhead!! (with capital B) a.k.a: devoted fan of the New Kids On The Block
So I guess “this is it”, at least for now (Long live to the King of Pop, MJ!)
Let’s start blogging!
I hope you enjoy it, truly, madly, deeply 😉